The kit is the 1/72 Academy, which seems to be a modified version of the even older Frog kit. It is (mostly) of the British version, the Tarpon, and the further I got into it the more I realized this wasn't going to make a very good model. Nor were the decals very good – the national insignia were a royal blue. And don't get me started on how the flat finish coat went on like snow.
In the end, I decided to just finish this one as best I could as practice for airbrushing a three-color paint scheme, and look for a better kit to use the Barbara II decals – and better national insignia – on later.